Specialized in working with trauma
Ultimately, a trauma can be any experience that was overwhelming and distressing to you. The fear or pain associated with it negatively shapes how you see yourself, others, or the world at large.
Have you been through an overwhelming, painful, or traumatic event? Having a difficult time coping? Are Any of the Following True for You?
- Feeling anxious much of the time, or easily triggered into worry or panic when something reminds you of what happened?
- Is your sleep disrupted? Do you have nightmares frequently?
- Do you feel depressed, empty or disconnected from your life?
- Are you trying to get through, but finding your usual ways of coping aren’t helping?
- Have you begun to turn to medications or alcohol/drug use to cope with the distress?